If you still slave over your full sized oven to cook simple and small meals, then perhaps it is time to see what today’s toaster ovens can do for you. They are no longer used for just toasting bread, but they have advanced to the point where you can prepare any type of dish that you desire with amazing results. One such countertop oven to consider is the BOV650XL from Breville. This 1800 watt countertop oven is very similar to its “big brother” the Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven, but comes in a more compact size and will work well for those who don’t have the room on their counter tops for larger appliances. The BOV650XL is one of the best toaster ovens on the market and is in keeping with Breville’s reputation of produce some of the best small kitchen appliances that you can buy.
The Breville BOV650XL doesn’t have a convection feature, but aside from that it has all the high-tech features of it’s bigger brother, but in a much smaller package. Even with the smaller footprint, it can still accommodate 4 slices of bread or a 12-inch pizza in it’s 3/5-cubic-foot interior.
Its most prominent feature the Element IQ technology which uses a smart sensor that increases energy efficiency by continually adjusting and controlling the temperature and putting power where it’s needed most. And thus ensuring correct temperature throughout the whole oven when cooking, guaranteeing perfect cooking results.
This Breville Toaster Oven has 8 different functions (Bagel, Toast, Roast, Bake, Broil, Cookies, Pizza and Reheat) and for each of them, Element IQ adjusts the power and cooking time automatically. The settings can also be customized to your liking, and this toaster oven remembers your adjustments until the next time.
What Comes In The Box of Breville BOV650XL?
This unit comes with a 10 inch broil and baking pan for extreme versatility
– Energy-efficient, but powerful 1800-watt output
– Element IQ technology for smarter control over the heat, which ensures effective and even cooking
– Three oven-rack positions
– Front-access removable crumb tray which makes clean an easy job
– Small footprint but roomy interior with a 4-slice capacity
– 8 pre-set functions
– 4 quartz heating elements
– Defrost Function
– User-friendly control panel
– Backlit LCD screen
– Temperature-conversion button
– Tempered-glass door which one can views the toasting process
Specification & Technical Details
- Dimensions: 16.5″ x 14.25″ x 10″
- Product Weight: 13.9 Ibs
- Shipping Weight: 22 lbs
- Power Output: 1800 Watts
- Capacity: 3/5 cubic foot, 4 slice capacity
- Accessories: 10″ x 10″ backing pan and 10″ x 10″ broiling rack
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
What The Owners Think About This Breville Toaster Oven?
Most of the owners like the unique Element IQ technology of Breville BOV650XL Smart Toaster Oven that ensures correct temperature throughout the whole oven when cooking, and thus guaranteeing optimal results. And this also ensures the smart oven makes efficient use of all of the energy that is used which equates to more savings in the long run.
The interior of the BOV650XL is non-stick, so any messes that end up taking place inside of the oven are fairly easy to clean out. For its size, the interior of the oven is also quite spacious. The 3/5 cubic food interior of the oven is large enough to fit a twelve inch pizza inside of it, or four full slices of bread.
The oven is also very easy to program. And the best part is this model is that it remembers your selection the next time that it is used so that it doesn’t need to be adjusted every time that it is used in order to achieve the desired results.
The review team also likes that it allows the user to select the shade of the toast, between light and dark. And not forgetting the defrost feature which comes in very handy.
Lastly, the LCD screen of the BOV650XL which has big numbers and good contrast to allow easy reading.
Breville BOV650XL Are For People Who:
- Liken to Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven but because of the constrain of kitchen space or budget prefer a smaller and cheaper version of the Breville Smart Oven.
- Looking for a well-built, small toaster oven that does not heat up the kitchen especially during summer.
- Living in a small apartment and don’t have enough space for a normal oven.
Overall this is a very capable countertop oven that does a lot of things very well. It is sure to be able to handle many different recipes that you can have fun trying. While it does not have the convection baking functionality of the bigger model, it still does a great job and evenly browning on all sides. It is extremely modern looking, preheats fast, and is great at cooking medium sized meals. If you are in the market for a new toaster oven, this would not be a bad choice at all.